It is our pleasure to organize the 1st Spanish Fusion HPC Workshop as an online event with Zoom on 27 November 2020. The workshop covers all computer applications using High Performance Supercomputing (HPC) in the field of fusion research. These include, but are not limited to, numerical simulations in the following areas:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fueling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
The workshop is organized under the auspices of the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES). The language of the workshop will be in English and it will be open to all.
The programme will include of three plenary talks:
- Alberto Loarte (ITER Organization) Modelling needs to support the ITER Research Plan and role of HPC
- Susana Clement (F4E) Role of HPC in Broader Approach Activities in Fusion
- Xavier Litaudon (EUROfusion) EUROfusion E-TASC Programme and HPC role within it
To register to the event, please follow this link.
Selected presentations will be invited, by mutual agreement, to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (IOP).
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the workshop!